New & Tastier Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 2 large yellow or white onions
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves (garlic lovers: add an extra 1 or 2 cloves!)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
- 1 bunch of celery
- half a head of cabbage
- If you want great tasting soup, be sure to add one of our packages of Cabbage Soup Seasonings Mix. Be sure to order it now, so that you have it when you are ready to make your soup!!
Slice or dice onions with garlic, put in a very large pot.
Cut green pepper stem end off, then cut pepper in half to take out the seeds and membrane. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.
Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
Clean carrots, mushrooms, and celery, cut into bite size pieces and toss them in. Add tomatoes now, too.
Use about 12 cups of water adding to the vegetables.
Empty your package of Cabbage Soup Seasonings Mix into the pot, bring the temperature up to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
Let soup simmer for a long time – about 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Once the veggies are tender you are ready to begin your 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet and LOSE those pounds!!!